Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blackberry x Whitney Port



Throwback Thursday - Around this time last year, I received the amazing news that my teammates and I had won the BBM Challenge in the Fashion Category. The BBM Challenge was an 8 week contest which consisted of 4 different challenges that tested our perspective, creativity, influence and altruism in our fashion community. Upon successful completion of this contest, we were flown out to LA for 3 days where we stayed in Beverly Hills. During our trip, we were invited to have lunch with Whitney, Paige, & Nicole at Bottega Louie *drools* and then toured her studio. In addition, she kindly gave us some pieces from her SPRING 2012 collection (so cute - I'll eventually do an outfit post when it gets warmer here in Vancouver). 



(My fave challenges & videos!)


Although winning the grand prize was a great achievement, the best part of this experience was being able to work with such talented and supportive friends, I'm so blessed! Not to mention, meeting and bonding with new people along the way.

I can't say this enough because it was such a fun and great experience, thank you again Blackberry, Whitney, MR. Y, & H&S!

Ps, I never in a million years thought I would've won. Entering this contest was definitely out of the norm for me but I took a chance anyways and I'm glad I did! 

Anyways, to all you lovely readers - I'll leave you with a quote that I discovered in grade 7 which still inspires me til' this day: "If you ever get the chance to sit out or dance, I hope you dance"

xoxo,
Theresa Thuy

1 comment: